Turmeric latte Golden milk aka turmeric latte is a super healthy and delicious hot beverage to enjoy on a cold winter night.
Turmeric latte/Golden Milk
Turmeric latte, golden milk or as we say in Hindi language Haldi wala Doodh is a popular Indian beverage which has various health benefits. It has been mentioned in AYURVEDA as a wonderful home remedy for most of the ailments like cold, cough, small cuts and bruises.
To get most of the benefits of turmeric milk always prepare it with pepper corn as it helps in maximum absorption of curcumin.
Why Golden Milk?
Golden milk or turmeric latte has lots health benefits and this is why you should start including it in your diet.
- The turmeric in golden milk has anti inflammatory properties.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Improves your digestive system.
- Turmeric is also good for brain health.
- Helps in boosting immunity
- The black pepper in turmeric milk helps in absorption of minerals.
- Good for your gut health.
- It may also helps improving blodd sugar levels.
Note: Please consult your dietitian or nutritionist before making any dietary changes.
Ingredients needed for Turmeric Latte
- First, Turmeric-Raw turmeric of dried turmeric powder.
- Black pepper-Freshly crushed black pepper powder.
- Ginger-Adds a nice flavor to the turmeric latte.
- Cinnamon-Cinamon is optional but I like the flavors it gives to the turmeric milk.
- Sweetener-Honey, sugar or maple syrup or any of your favorite sweetener
How to make Turmeric Latte?
First of all, heat milk in a saucepan and bring it to boil, as it starts boiling add turmeric, black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon. Let it boil on simmer for 3-4 minutes to get all the flavors absorbed.
Finally add the sweetener and turn off the heat. Strain and serve warm.
Can we make it Vegan?
Yes of course, to make vegan turmeric latte, replace the milk with any of your favourite plant based milk. Almond milk, coconut or soy milk are the best options to try.
Serving and Variations/Tips
Serve the golden milk first thing in the morning g or at night before going to bed. For variations you could also add cardamom, cloves and any of your favorite spice.
Tip: To make frothy turmeric latte, use hand blender or milk frother while it is boiling.
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder or a teaspoon of fresh turmeric, pounded
- 3-4 peppercorn crushed
- 2 “ piece ginger pounded
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Honey to taste
- In a saucepan, bring milk to boiling.
- Add turmeric, ginger, peppercorn, cinnamon, and let it boil on simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Finally, add honey, mix well, and turn off the heat.
- Pour in serving cups and enjoy.