A Shahi Tirangi Kofta is luscious, rich and delightful kofta curry apcked with the goodness of carrot spinach, paneer and potatoes, shahi tiranga kofta is perfect to amp up your next dinner party menu. Shahi Tirangi Kofta is one of the best dish for kofta lovers. A navratri special, delectable and luscious paneer gravy recipe.
- 50 gms carrot
- 200 gms spinach
- 100 gms paneer
- 50 gms potato (boiled)
- to taste salt
- Whiite pepper (5 gm for kofta and 5 gm for the gravy)
- 5 gram garam masala powder
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 10 gms cheese
- 20 gms refined flour
- 5 gram ginger, finely chopped
- 5 gram green chilli, finely chopped
- 500 ml oil
- 2 medium onions
- 30 gms cashew nuts
- 5 gram ginger-garlic paste
- 5 gram green chilli paste
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 inch stick cinnamon
- 2 Green cardamom
- 2 Bay leaves
- 50 ml fresh cream.
How to Make :-
- 1. Boil the spinach and finely chop
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped garlic add chopped spinach and stir till all moisture evaporates.
- 3. Add the grated cheese and keep aside.
- 4. Grate the carrot mix with some boiled potato and keep aside.
- 5. Now grate the paneer, mix boiled potato along with salt, white pepper, chopped green chilly, chopped ginger, garam masala powder and refined flour.
- 6. Now take a portion of sautéed spinach and form into a ball cover stuff it into a ball of paneer and potato mixture.
- 7. Cover this ball again with carrot and potato mixture, keep aside.
- 8. Similarly make the balls of all remaining mixture.
- 9. Deep fry the koftas/balls in the remaining oil. Dry and keep aside.
Prepare Shahi Gravy:
- 1. Soak cashew nuts in water and make a fine paste along with the boiled onions.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- 3. Add the onion and cashew paste along with green chilly paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 4. Cover the pan if the masala is spluttering too much.
- 5. Add salt and white pepper powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Add 1 cup water and bring the curry to a boil.
- 7. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add fresh cream and mix well.
- 8. Add the kofta cut in two just before serving and serve hot.
- 9. Garnish it with mint leaves or a sprinkle of kalonji seeds.
Key Ingredients: carrot, spinach, paneer, potato (boiled), salt, Whiite pepper (5 gm for kofta and 5 gm for the gravy), garam masala powder, Garlic cloves, cheese, refined flour, ginger, green chilli, oil, onions, cashew nuts, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, cloves , cinnamon, Green cardamom, Bay leaves, fresh cream.
NOTES of Shahi Tirangi Kofta :-
- If using store bought paneer for the kofta, make sure to put the block of paneer if hot water first for 20-30 minutes. Then remove paneer block from hot water, pat dry with a paper towel and then grate the paneer for the kofta. If using homemade paneer, you don’t need to do this step.