Mango lassi cake is a very delicious, moist and super inviting mango flavored cake made with mango lassi. If you love mango lassi then you can imagine how heavenly this cake would be. Do try this cake and enjoy the mangolicious goodness.
Mango Lassi Cake
Summers and mangoes goes so well together, there isn’t any day/week of summers goes without a tall glass of Mango Lassi and I always save some to make this delicious mango lassi cake.
This cake is absolutely moist and soft, and you can feel the refreshing flavors of mango in every bite. The mango glaze is just icing on the cake and it brings the taste of the cake to another levels.
This is why you should make it
- One bowl cake.
- Takes very less time to put together.
- Absolutely gorgeous use of mango lassi.
- EGG LESS
- BUTTER LESS
- Can be made vegan if you use plant based milk in Mango Lassi.
- it is incredibly D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s
Ingredients Needed for the Cake
- Mango Lassi: Use leftover or freshly made mango lassi.
- Flour: All purpose flour is used to make this cake, alternatively you can use wheat flour,semolina or any gluten free flour as well.
- Oil-: Any odorless oil
- Sugar: Use sugar as per the sweetness of lassi and mangoes.
- Baking powder/Baking soda: As leavening agents.
- Cardamom powder: Mangoes and cardamom goes well together.
How to make Mango Lassi Cake?
As I said above, it is pretty much add all ingredients in one bowl kind of cake. So you basically need to sift the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and add the wet ingredients in it.
Stir to combine and transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Meanwhile the cake is getting cooled on its own, prepare the mango glaze. Add all the ingredients for glaze in a mixing bowl and combine them well. Cook on low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until the glaze is thickened to your desired consistency. Pass it through a sieve to remove any lumps. Let it cool.
Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, decorate with mango slices. Slice and serve the cake.
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator but I bet there won’t be any!
Serving Suggestions and Variations
Serve the mango lassi cake as after school snack or tea time snack. You can also serve it as a dessert after meals.
For variations, you can add saffron flavors and some chopped nuts like almonds, pistachios etc. This cake can be served without icing as a tea cake. Just add some icing sugar and enjoy the delicious mango lassi cake.
- Cake tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 cups mango lassi
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- mango slices to decorate
- Line and grease an 8″ cake baking tin or pan. Preheat oven to 180 ° C or 350 F .
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl and combine until well-mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a whisk just to make a smooth batter. Do not over mix or over beat.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from pan and cook completely.
- In a mixing bowl, add mango pulp and corn starch along with cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Heat a saucepan and cook the mango and corn starch until it starts thickening.
- Remove from heat and strain thorough a sieve.
- Cool and pour over the cake. Decorate with mango slices.
- You can make mango lassi from this recipe and use it.
- Alternatively you can simply use mango puree and buttermilk instead.
- I have added less sugar in the cake as the mango lassi also had some sugar. You can adjust the sugar as per your taste.