Irish Potato Roast-A crispy baked roast potato with a hint of rosemary and thyme is just perfect to make any meal complete.
There is something about the crispy baked potatoes that no one can resist. We all love potatoes to the core and as we know that there are numerous ways to cook this humble vegetable, but still baked potatoes are my favorite.
Being Irish staple, potatoes are served here in many forms, being wedges, fries, mashed or roast everyone loves their portion of potatoes. When we first moved to Ireland, my husband would tell me that Irish people always eat ice cream for their lunch. It took a while to him to understand that what he thought ice cream was always a scoop of mashed potatoes, that’s how they serve them.
So far I have tried all the varieties of potatoes we get here and I like the Rooster potatoes best to make, mashed fillings the roast, wedges, and fries. But when it comes to making Indian style vegetable with potato I prefer salad potato as they can hold the shape even after a few whistles in the cooker.
Anyways whatever way you eat potatoes, this is one vegetable that can never go wrong, what say??
INGREDIENTS OF Irish Potato Roast :-
- 1 kg Rooster Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
INSTRUCTIONS OF Irish Potato Roast :-
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and cut into big cubes or chunks.
- Bring a saucepan of water on heat and let it boil. Add salt and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200° for about 10 minutes.
- In a roasting tray add olive oil, salt, and herbs and put it in the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes or until the oil starts bubbling.
- Drain the water and carefully transfer the potatoes to a prepared roasting tray.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes is golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may add fresh and or dried herbs of your choice.