Instant Wheat Dosa-A very tasty and healthy whole wheat dosa which is ready to eat in just a few seconds would make a nice and filling breakfast to start the day.
So I wanted to make one instant dosa recipe for my this week’s theme of Instant recipes and I knew I had to make this very popular Godhuma dosa only. So on one fine day, I started making the dosa from mother kitchen.
I tried like a zillion times to make it like she did in the video but did not get either those holes or that texture. Don’t know what I did wrong but after all my batter was ruined and finished I gave up and made a slightly thick batter and spread them like regular dosa.
Nevertheless the failed attempts, the final dosa tasted really amazing with a super quick coconut chutney that I made with desiccated coconut, green chilly and lemon juice. Even somebody else was also happy with an overloaded dose of food, guess who?? our backyard pigeons.
INGREDIENTS OF Instant Wheat Dosa :-
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup vegan yougurt
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- few coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- water as required
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, rice flour, and semolina. Stir in yogurt, onion, coriander leaves, green chili, cumin seeds, salt and half a cup of water.
- Mix well and add more water to make a smooth batter like dosa batter.
- Heat a skillet and season it with oil. Spread a ladleful of batter on the tawa in a circular, motion to make a dosa.
- Smear some oil on sides and cook for 2 minutes. Repeat the same with rest of the batter.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with coconut chutney.
You may also make the dosa with a thin batter like rava dosa and sprinkle it on hot tawa.