A perfect feast for a dinner party! Half Roast Chicken is a delicious chicken recipe where the chicken, along with veggies like carrot and celery, is roasted before pouring and heating in the beer mix called Dunkelweizen over it. A treat of a chicken, this dish is just the right dinner dish option to chill with friends and family.
Ingredients Of Half Roast Chicken:-
- Cooking oil
- Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed)
- 2-3 Onions (quartered- skin on)
- 1 bulb Garlic (halved – skin on)
- 4-5 Carrots (roughly quartered)
- 1/2 Cup Celery , finely chopped
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 250 Ml Dunkleweizen (pour into a glass and keep open at room temperature for an hour or two to make flat)
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- to taste sea salt
How to Make Half Roast Chicken:-
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
- 2. In a greased oven tray line the carrots, celery, onions, garlic and thyme.
- 3. Place the chicken on the tray and grease with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 4. Roast the chicken for 1.5 hours or till the juices run clear. Remove from the tray and reserve/rest.
- 5. While the chicken is resting, pour the dunkelweizen into the tray turn the oven to the highest heat setting and let it bubble for five minutes.
- 6. Remove the tray from the oven and transfer all contents to a sauce pan before adding in the chicken stock and the butter.
- 7. Reduce the mixture of the beer, and chicken stock till it coats a spoon, adjust the salt.
- 8 . Serve with buttery mashed potatoes.
Key Ingredients: Cooking oil, Whole chicken (skin on- rinsed and dressed), Onions (quartered- skin on), Garlic (halved – skin on), Carrots (roughly quartered), Celery ,thyme , Dunkleweizen (pour into a glass and keep open at room temperature for an hour or two to make flat), Chicken stock , butter, Sea salt.