Cauliflower Crust Pizza is a gluten-free and healthy take on the regular pizza by using the cauliflower crust for the base. This is a guilt-free version of the classic pizza.
This pizza is my second recipe in the Pizza recipe series. After having an overload of flour-based crust mini veg pizza, I thought to try a little guilt-free version of the cheesy pizza by using cauliflower as the crust.
I have been wanted to try this so popular Pizza since long but never attempted as I wasn’t sure how it would taste.
So today I finally gathered all the courage and went ahead with the recipe. I did not tell anyone in the house what I was using for the base.
When my girls tasted the pizza, they were like what is this, Is this gobhi paratha pizza?? I told them it’s just thin crust pizza with a few cauliflowers in it. Well, they didn’t like it as much the regular pizza but all the cheese and pizza sauce encouraged them to finish the slices.
INGREDIENTS OF Cauliflower Crust Pizza :-
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon chilly flakes
- Wash and clean cauliflower florets and place in the food processor. Pulse a couple of times until smooth.
- Place it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the water from it.
- In a mixing bowl add the squeezed cauliflower, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Mix well until combined.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the cauliflower onto the baking tray resembling the shape of pizza crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the crust and sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Add seasoning and bake for another 10minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve
To make the perfect cauliflower crust squeeze out every last drop of moisture from it.Use desired toppings to make your favourite pizza.